Project Purchase Orders
Created by: Michael Davis
Modified on: Tue, 22 Jun, 2021 at 9:22 AM
Project purchase orders, or disbursements differ from stock purchases as they are allocated directly to a WorkGuru project. By allocating the order to the project, it is assumed ALL line items on that order are bing used on that ONE project and because of this, WorkGuru treats the order as a disbursement, so is tracked as a project expense. As a disbursement, FIFO stock controlled items on a project order are NOT entered into stock on receipt and won't increase the SOH value in Xero. This simplifies the purchasing workflow as it cuts out the steps of receipting the order INTO stock and then having to use the same materials OUT of stock on the project.
- From the project dashboard, there are 2 ways to raise a project order, only differing in what product line items are pre-added for you. These functions reduce data entry and ensure product lines that are on the project aren't missed from an order.
- Generic Project Purchase Order:
- Click on the Add a Purchase Order button in the quick actions menu.
- This is will raise a new project order that has been pre-filled out with the relevant project information. All is required is the description, dates, supplier and the product line items. Note the project number in the Project for PO fields has been pre-selected, you just need to confirm the billable status.
- Complete the PO as per normal and Save or Save and Approve as required. NOTE: The purchased line items do not need to be forecasted on the project.
- Material Project Purchase Orders:
- From the project's materials tab, you can raise project POs directly from the product lists.
- Order These Materials will raise a PO with all the products on one PO. You are required to enter the supplier on the draft PO it raises. The PO will need to be reviewed and sent if correct.
- Create One Purchase per Supplier will raise a draft purchase order for all products in the list grouped by supplier. The next page will so a list of the draft POs raised which just need to reviewed and approved and sent if correct. NOTE: This function requires every product to have a default supplier assigned.
- Order Out of Stock Products - Raises purchase orders(s) by supplier for any products that are not currently in stock.
- The selected project number is now available to click through from the order directly to the project. This is the best way to determine if the PO is either a stock order or a project order.
- Purchase order detail page:
- Purchase order dashboard:
- The project purchase orders are also available in the purchases tab of the selected project. This confirms it has been added as a disbursement correctly.
- The project materials tab will also display which products have been ordered via PO verses which have been used from stock. This helps to ensure that you have all the products you need for the project regardless of if it is purchased or used from stock.
- If the project order was marked billable, the purchase order's line items will display in the Quick invoice screen allowing you to easily mark up the costs and pass them straight through the customer as an invoice.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.