Adding a UoM to an Existing Product
Created by: Michael Davis
Modified on: Wed, 20 Jan, 2021 at 2:15 PM
UoMs allow you to purchase products in different units than you use on your projects or invoice to clients.
To add a UoM to an existing product:
- Find and open the product details page of the product that requires UoMs Administration -> Products
- Click Edit Product to access the UoMs
- Click the Units of Measure tab
- Click Add UoM and fill out the fields:
- SKU - UoM's unique product code
- Name - UoM's Name
- Supplier Code - UoM's supplier code. (This function also enables alternate suppliers for the product with a UoM quantity of one)
- Barcode - UPC, EAN or your own barcode on the UoM's packaging.
- Quantity - The number of the primary unit that exists in this UoM.
- Cost Price - Supplier price for the UoM ex GST
- Sell Price - Your sell price for the UoM ex GST
- Repeat the process if the product has multiple UoMs ie- pack and carton, or square m, carton or pallet etc.
- Click Save to add the UoMs to the product.
- UoMs can now be seen and edited in the product dashboard. You can identify a UoM as it will indicate it has a parent SKU next to its UoM SKU. If editing a UoM, ensure that it is always set as a FIFO product. Setting as a NonStock product will cause the UoM to not receive it's primary SKU's UoM quantity int to stock on a PO.
- The UoMs are now available to add to a purchase order. As the UoMs are received, 1 Carton will add 24 bottles into SOH etc.
- You can also bulk add product UoMs to existing products using a UoM import template.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.