To create a stock adjustment to adjust stock on hand qty and value up or down:
- From the WorkGuru menu, click on Stock -> Add Stock Adjustment
When creating a stock adjustment, complete the following:
- Name - Name of adjustment
- Reason - Why are you making this adjustment?
- Effective Date - Stock movement date for FIFO and Xero journal.
- Warehouse - The location the stock will be adjusted. If you can't add a product, check you have a warehouse selected.
- Add Product - Adds a line to search for the product to be adjusted. Only FIFO products will display.
- SKU - Adjusted product/s
- Name - Adjusted product/s.
- Description - Adjusted product/s.
- Quantity - The amount the product will be adjusted either up or down.
- Unit Cost - will prefill with the default product cost. Can be modified to change the value of the products being adjusted in or out.
- Direction- Pay close attention to which direction you are adjusting stock
- Stock Out (default) - decreases stock on hand and/or stock value
- Stock In - increases stock on hand and/or stock value.
Click Save to save the Stock Adjustment
Once saved you can check the stock on hand values in the Stock -> Stock, search for the product adjusted, and click See Stock Movements