Products can be bulk imported into WorkGuru using the product import function and the CSV Import Template. Download the import template for the page or this article and choose the csv file then save to upload the products into WorkGuru.
WorkGuru Product Import Template Field Definitions
- Sku* - Your Product Code which needs to be unique. Best practices include no spaces, complex characters or leading zeros.
- Name* - Product Name.
- Description - Product Description
- Barcode - UPC or EAN Barcode on product packaging.
- Brand - Product brand for reporting
- SupplierName - Name of Supplier - MUST MATCH EXISTING SUPPLIER
- SupplierCode - Supplier's product code.
- CostPrice* - Default cost price of product
- SellPrice* - Default sell price of product
- PurchaseTaxCode - Purchase Tax - Entered as Text matching Xero Tax Name (eg GST on Expenses)
- SellTaxCode - Sales Tax - Entered as Text matching Xero Tax Name (eg GST on Income)
- Category - Product category for reporting
- TrackingType* - Must contain one of the following types as text (FIFO, NonStock or Kit)
- FIFO for stock on hand products
- NonStock for expense products
- Kit for kit/BoM (products made up of other component products)
- IsActive - TRUE for yes, FALSE for no.
- AccountCode - Xero GL account for Sales of this product.
- ExpenseAccountCode - Xero GL account code for COGS journal (FIFO) or purchases expense account (Non-Stock)
*Indicates mandatory import data.
Fields available after the initial import of the primary products:
- ParentProductSku - Sku of the primary unit product this product is a UoM of.
- ParentProductQuantity - The UoM quantity this product will create of the primary product sku when this UoM product is purchased or sold.
Tips for a successful import:
- Ensure you have included the mandatory fields.
- Ensure there are only numbers in the pricing columns.
- If a product has no price, ensure a 0 is entered, not left blank
- Make sure "$" and "," characters have been removed from the pricing columns.
- Ensure that all Suppliers already exist in WorkGuru. The Supplier name needs to match exactly.
- If you are updating products, ensure you SKU hasn't been auto-formatted by your spreadsheet application. Spreadsheet apps tend to strip away leading zeros and auto-format barcodes and dates.
- If setting up UoMs, ensure that you import the primary products first, then import the UoM spreadsheet.