Products can be bulk imported into WorkGuru using the product import function and the CSV Import Template. Download the import template for the page or this article and choose the csv file then save to upload the products into WorkGuru.
WorkGuru Product Import Template Mandatory Field Definitions
- Sku - Your Product Code which needs to be unique. Best practices include no spaces, complex characters or leading zeros.
- Name - Product Name.
- CostPrice - Default cost price of product
- SellPrice - Default sell price of product
- PurchaseTaxCode - Purchase Tax - Entered as Text matching Xero Tax Name (eg GST on Expenses)
- SellTaxCode - Sales Tax - Entered as Text matching Xero Tax Name (eg GST on Income)
- Category - Product category for reporting
- TrackingType - Must contain one of the following types as text (FIFO, NonStock or Kit)
- FIFO for stock on hand products
- NonStock for expense products
- Kit for kit/BoM (products made up of other component products)
- IsActive - TRUE for yes, FALSE for no.
- AccountCode - Xero GL account for Sales of this product.
- ExpenseAccountCode - Xero GL account code for COGS journal (FIFO) or purchases expense account (Non-Stock)
Optional Product Import Field Definitions
- Barcode - UPC or EAN Barcode on product packaging.
- Brand - Product brand for reporting
- Description - Product Description
- SupplierName - Name of Supplier. If included, must match existing supplier name EXACTLY
- SupplierCode - Supplier's product code.
- Height - Product height
- Length - Product length
- Width - Product width
- Weight - Product weight.
- Pricing Tiers - You can import your alternate product pricing tiers via additional columns with the pricing tier name (case sensitive) as the header name.
- ParentProductSku - Used when importing units of measure (UoM). Links the UoM product line to its parent product Sku.
- ParentProductQuantity - Used when importing units of measure (UoM). Sets the quantity of parent product contained in the UoM.
Tips for a successful import:
- Ensure you have included the mandatory fields.
- Ensure there are only numbers in the pricing columns.
- Pricing columns are required. If a product has no price, ensure a 0 is entered, not left blank.
- Make sure formatting has been removed (e.g. '$') and a decimal point ('.') is used as the decimal delimiter, not a comma.
- Ensure that all Suppliers already exist in WorkGuru. The Supplier name needs to match exactly.
- If you are updating products, ensure your SKU's haven't been auto-formatted by your spreadsheet application. Spreadsheet apps tend to strip away leading zeros and auto-format barcodes and dates. If a product can't be matched to an existing product by EXACTLY matching SKU's, a new product will be created.
- If setting up UoMs and/or Kits, ensure that you import the primary or parent products and components first.
- Ensure columns don't have leading or trailing spaces.
- If removing rows, ensure the row has been deleted rather than just the data it contains. Some spreadsheet apps will not remove the comma separators when deleting data instead of the row, causing an empty row (, , , , , ,) which will cause an error on import. This can easily be caught by inspecting the import template in notepad or a formatting-free text editor.