Payments can be applied to WorkGuru invoices. This allows you to track payment status and batch transactions to clearing accounts in Xero to assist with reconciliation for certain business workflows.
Payments can be created from the following steps:
- Access the Payments dashboard at Accounting -> Payment Types
- Click the Create New link to create the required payment type.
- Give the payment a Name and map it to the corresponding clearing account (this drop down in populated Xero - if the clearing account you require is in Xero and not listed here, click "Get Chart of Accounts" from Administration -> Accounting -> Xero). Confirm with your accountant how to setup the clearing account in Xero. It is usually recommended that it is setup as a Current Asset for Sales Payments and a Liability for purchase payments such as deposits.
- Save the Payment Type to apply the settings.
- The payment type is now available to applied on Invoices.