To add a new product in WorkGuru, follow these steps:
Base Product Information
The base product information is required to setup a product in WorkGuru regardless if it is a stock item or non-stock. The more information you can give the product, the more automation you will enable within WorkGuru. For example, by ensuring that every product has a default supplier, WorkGuru can easily raise purchase orders by supplier from the project's materials tab without any additional data entry.
- Fill out the following product fields:
- SKU - Unique product code.
- Name - Product's Name
- Description - Description of the product.
- Barcode - UPC, EAN or your own barcode on the product's packaging.
- Brand - Product's Brand - for reporting.
- CostPrice - Your supplier price for the product, , GST exclusive.
- SellPrice - Price you sell the product, GST exclusive.
- RRP - Supplier recommended retail price
- SellTaxCode - Xero tax code for invoicing.
- PurchaseTaxCode - Xero tax code for purchasing.
- Category - Product category - for reporting.
- TrackingType - FIFO (stock controlled) or NonStock
- Supplier - Default supplier
- SupplierCode - Suppliers unique product code/SKU.
- Sales Account - Xero GL account.
- ImageFile - Upload a product image for document templates.
- IsActive - Toggle if the product visibility.
- Show On Kiosk - Toggle if the product is available to be used on projects in the Kiosk.
- Notes - Product notes
- Click Save, or Save and Add if you are adding more than one product.
Units of Measure
If the product has Units of Measures (UoM), click on the Units of Measure tab. UoMs allow you to purchase and sell products that have multiple units, eg you buy a case of product and sell or use them individually on projects.
Click Add UoM and fill out the following UoM fields:
- SKU - UoM's unique product code
- Name - UoM's Name
- Supplier Code - UoM's supplier code. (This function also enables alternate suppliers for the product)
- Barcode - UPC, EAN or your own barcode on the UoM's packaging.
- Quantity of Base Unit - The number of the primary unit that exists in this UoM.
- Cost Price - Supplier price for the UoM
- Sell Price - You price for the UoM
Repeat the process if the product has multiple UoMs ie- pack and carton, or square m, carton or pallet etc.
Click Save, and the product will be added to your products list, or Save and Add which will take you back to the new product screen, if you need to add more products.
Units of measure with a Quantity of Base Unit set to 1 can be used to record alternate supplier pricing.
If you have enabled pricing tiers, the Price Tiers tab is were you can enter each tiers' GST exclusive sell price.
Par Levels and Locations
You can setup warehouse specific par levels and locations on the product's par levels and locations tab.
Fill out the following fields if required for the following fields:
- Min - Minimum stock level that if equal or less than will will prompt for a re-order.
- Max - Stock level that a re-order prompted by meeting the min level will reorder to.
- Par - The minimum amount of SoH needed to meet demand. Usually calculated by the current SoH - min / sales average.
- Location - Physical location identifier (Zone/Bin etc) in each warehouse.