WorkGuru can capture timesheets on projects in two ways, Daily and Weekly. Each mode suits different workflows. Daily, better suits projects were staff work on and complete a specific task within a day. Weekly timesheets suits larger projects where staff are working on the same tasks over multiple days/weeks. You can confirm which setting your WorkGuru is switched to in Administration -> Weekly -> Settings -> General -> Timesheet Type.
Weekly timesheets are added to WorkGuru from the dashboard.
- Click on the Update Weekly Timesheet button on the timesheets section of the dashboard.
- On the weekly timesheet entry page you can fill out the following:
- Previous/Next Week - Toggle between weeks to forward/backdate timesheets. Note: the Week displayed is designed to match your Xero payroll setting. Administration -> Settings -> General -> Week Starts On.
- Project - Select project to add to weekly timesheet
- Task - Select the task from the selected project to add to weekly timesheet
- Copy from Previous Week - Copy the previous weeks project/tasks to speed up timesheet entry.
- Toggle Note Fields - Show/Hide the timesheet note fields.
- Save Timesheet - Save entries
- Back to List - Back to the dashboard
- Submit Timesheet - Lock and submit the timesheet for approval. Do not submit your timesheet if you want to make new entries/changes.
- Select the Project and Tasks and click Add Task for as many project/tasks that you need to enter time against.
- For each Project/Task row, you can enter the total number of hours and timesheets notes for each day on the one screen. You can remove any project/task that is not required by clicking on the X on the end of the row. This weekly timesheet will also display totals for each task, day and week.
- If you need to add more time, click Save Timesheet. If you have finished and doublechecked the week's timesheet entries are correct, click Submit Timesheet.
- More time can be added to saved timesheets by clicking on the Update Weekly Timesheet button on the dashboard.
- Timesheets are now available in the Time tab on the project detail pages of the relevant projects.