WorkGuru can capture timesheets on projects in two ways, Daily and Weekly. Each mode suits different workflows. Weekly timesheets suits larger projects where staff are working on the same tasks over multiple days/weeks. You can confirm which setting your WorkGuru is switched to in Administration -> Settings -> General -> Timesheet Type.
Weekly timesheets can only be added to WorkGuru from the user's dashboard. Click on the Update Weekly Timesheet button on the timesheets section of the dashboard. If the My Timesheets widget is not available, click Set Defaults to reset the dashboard. If you are managing user dashboards at the administrator level, ensure that all users have the My Timesheets widget available.
On the weekly timesheet entry page you can fill out the following:
- Previous Week/Next Week - Toggle between weeks to forward/backdate timesheets. Note: the Week displayed is designed to match your Xero payroll setting. Administration -> Settings -> General -> Week Starts On.
- Copy from Previous Week - Copy the previous weeks project/tasks to speed up timesheet entry.
- Toggle Note Fields - Show/Hide the timesheet note fields on the timesheet entry table.
- Project - Select project to add to weekly timesheet entry table.
- Tasks - Select the task from the selected project to add to weekly timesheet entry table.
- Add Task - Adds the selected project and task to the weekly timesheet entry table.
- Save Timesheet - Save entries as draft timesheets.
- Back to List - Back to the timesheet dashboard
- Submit Timesheet - Lock and submit the timesheet for approval. Do not submit your timesheet if you want to make new entries/changes. If a submitted timesheets legitimately needs to be updated, they need to be unlocked by timesheet manager.
Before you can add time to a weekly timesheet, the project/task needs to be added to the timesheet entry table first. To add the timesheet entry row, select the project and task and click Add Task for as many project/tasks combination that that you need to enter time against.
For each project/task row, you can now quickly enter the total number of hours and timesheet notes for each day on the one screen. You can remove any project/task that is not required by clicking on the X on the end of the row. This weekly timesheet will also display totals for each task, day and week.
More time can be added to saved timesheets by clicking on the Update Weekly Timesheet button on the user's dashboard. The timesheet entries can then be self managed by the user in the Daily Summary tab. Click Edit or the Trash icon to edit or remove entries.
The weekly timesheet entries are summarised on the My Recent Timesheets tab.