Products can be imported into WorkGuru in bulk via a csv upload. Download or create an import template using the headers below and populate it with your migrated or supplier product data. Note: there is a lot of field validation to ensure that consistent data is imported into WorkGuru - eg. pricing tiers must be a number (can't be blank etc).
WorkGuru Product Import Template Mandatory Field Definitions
|Sku||Your Product Code which identifies the product needs to be unique. Best practices include no spaces, complex characters or leading zeros.||Required|
|Description||Product Description |
|CostPrice||Default sell price of product. Cannot be blank and must be numerical - set to 0 (zero) if no value.||Required|
|SellPrice||Default sell price of product. Cannot be blank and must be numerical - set to 0 (zero) if no value||Required|
|Barcode||UPC or EAN Barcode on product packaging.|
|Brand||Product brand for reporting|
|Category||Product category for reporting|
|SupplierCode||Default supplier's product code.|
|SupplierName||Default supplier name. If included, must match existing supplier name EXACTLY. NOTE: All the purchasing automation tools in WorkGuru do not work for products without a default supplier assigned.||Recommended|
|AccountCode||Xero GL account number for sales of this product (eg: 200)|
|ExpenseAccountCode||Xero GL account number for COGS usage (FIFO) or expense purchases (Non-Stock) (eg: 300)|
|PurchaseTaxCode||Purchase Tax - Entered as case sensitive text matching the Xero tax name (Usually GST on Expenses)|
|SellTaxCode||Sales Tax - Entered as case sensitive text matching the Xero tax name (Usually GST on Income)|
|TrackingType||Must contain one of the following types as text (FIFO or NonStock) ||Required|
|IsActive||Product visibility. Binary text - TRUE for yes (default), FALSE for no.||Required|
|Height||Product height. You can use any unit type (mm, cm, m etc) as long as it is consistent across all products.|
|Length||Product length. You can use any unit type (mm, cm, m etc) as long as it is consistent across all products.|
|Width||Product width. You can use any unit type (mm, cm, m etc) as long as it is consistent across all products.|
|Weight||Product weight. You can use any unit type (g, kg, lb etc) as long as it is consistent across all products.|
|MinOrderQty||Minimum quantity purchased from the supplier. Note: Different purchase units (roll/drum etc) is handled by units of measure functionality.|
Optional Product Import Field Definitions
Pricing Tiers - You can import your alternate task pricing tiers via additional columns with the pricing tier name (case sensitive) as the header name. Eg If the price tier names are Wholesale and Trade, the import template would look like this:
You can upload your import template from Products-> Import Products or from the Actions menu on the Products Dashboard Products -> List Products
If you are experiencing errors importing your data, check here for resolutions for the most common messages or contact the WorkGuru team.
Tips for a successful import:
- Ensure you have included the required fields.
- Ensure there are only numbers in the pricing columns.
- Pricing columns are required. If a product has no price, ensure a 0 is entered, not left blank.
- Make sure formatting has been removed (e.g. '$') and a decimal point ('.') is used as the decimal delimiter, not a comma.
- Ensure that all Suppliers already exist in WorkGuru. The Supplier name needs to match exactly.
- If you are updating products, ensure your SKU's haven't been auto-formatted by your spreadsheet application. Spreadsheet apps tend to strip away leading zeros and auto-format barcodes and dates. If a product can't be matched to an existing product by EXACTLY matching SKU's, a new product will be created.
- If setting up UoMs and/or reorder levels and locations, ensure that you import the primary or parent products and components first.
- Ensure columns don't have leading or trailing spaces.
- If removing rows, ensure the row has been deleted rather than just the data it contains. Some spreadsheet apps will not remove the comma separators when deleting data instead of the row, causing an empty row (, , , , , ,) which will cause an error on import. This can easily be caught by inspecting the import template in notepad or a formatting-free text editor.