You can migrate your existing WorkflowMax account directly to WorkGuru with one click using our WFM migration tool. The migration tool can be run multiple times without duplicating data so you can do an initial migration to WorkGuru and then a final sync just before go-live.
What the tool will bring across:
- Custom fields
What the tool will not bring across:
- Document templates
- Project templates
- Custom field data.
- Task Rates
Planning for the Migration
The pre-requisites to use our migration tool are:
- Ensure that you have already completed the Xero integration successfully - especially ensuring the default tax settings have been set correctly.
- If you are still connected to Xero, disconnect WorkGuru from Xero (as WFM uses the same login token).
- Ensure your WFM administrator account used to connect has API access enabled. (Business -> Settings -> Staff)
Running the Migration
To start the migration go to https://app.workguru.io/App/WFM and click Connect to Xero.
Select the WorkflowMax organisation you want to migrate from and click Allow access for 30 minutes. Note: the organisation list will only display WorkflowMax that your account has admin access to with the API access enabled.
From the WorkflowMax migration dashboard, select a specific date range and which data you want to migrate from WorkflowMax or Get All the Data! to migrate everything dated after 01 January 2021. Note: If using the Get All the Data!, Get Purchases, Refresh Contacts and Import Custom Fields are excluded from this function and need to be run individually if required.
WorkGuru will then migrate the selected data and indicate when successful with a summary of what has been transferred.
When the migration is complete, click Disconnect now and reconnect to Xero. Xero will display the following prompt if there are similar account names under your Xero login. Click Select this Tenant that aligns to your Xero organisation name.
Note: There may be a delay between the data request to WFM from completing vs the persistence of that data to our database. If you see the green tick for a successful sync but don't see the data on the relevant dashboard immediately afterwards, this will mean that data is still being processed. How long this may take is dependant on the amount of data you're bringing across, but generally this process should only take a few minutes.
After the Migration
Next steps to finalise the data imported are:
- Update the migrated data with information not available via the WFM API
- Setup your document templates. Either:
- Confirm you are reconnected to Xero (Accounting -> Xero). If the Xero queue displays, you are connected correctly.
- Activate your current users.
- Activate your WorkGuru subscription.