WorkGuru provides a number of tools to facilitate a smooth transition from WorkflowMax. Depending on the complexity and amount of your WFM data, you can plan the best migration path to WorkGuru using our migration tool, manual imports and setup, or a combination of both.
Planning the migration generally breaks down to two considerations. Transactional information, such as quotes and projects and non-transactional information such as document templates, custom reports and files.
One Click Import Tool
The easiest way to migrate from WorkflowMax to WorkGuru is via our one-click WorkflowMax import tool. This tool automatically migrates everything in WorkflowMax dated from 01JAN21 to WorkGuru. This tool can also be run multiple times without duplicating data in WorkGuru so you can plan for initial and final migrations as part of your WorkGuru go live plan.
Migrating Manually via Imports
Rather than using the built in WorkflowMax exports, we have found it is more beneficial to build key exports using the WorkflowMax report builder. This allows you to export the maximum amount of data available with the fields arranged as closely as possible to the WorkGuru import templates. This also allows you to use the report builder's step 3/criteria to filter the WorkflowMax data to exactly what you need to just transfer relevant work in progress (WIP) data.
Recommended transactional data to organise to export from WorkflowMax:
- Clients and client contacts
- Suppliers and supplier contacts
- Quotes and quote lines
- Jobs/Projects and project lines
- Purchase orders
- Custom field data.
Administrative (non transactional) information recommended to move from WorkflowMax:
- Custom document templates
- Custom reports created by the WFM report builder
- Files uploaded directly to WFM or via cloud document storage integations.
The recommended migration process to import data to WorkGuru is as follows:
- Import clients, client contacts and suppliers
- Import quotes and quote lines
- Import projects and project lines inclusive of original quote cost and value.
- Setup non-transactional data such as document templates etc.
- Finalise project WIP to set current profitability. Total cost and invoiced to date. This can be added in detail or as a total balance.