To connect WorkGuru to QuickBooks, the only requirement is that you must have QuickBooks business administrator level permissions to connect securely.
Connect to QuickBooks
Go to the Accounting -> Settings and switch the default Accounting Integration to QuickBooks.
Once QuickBooks has been selected, go to Accounting -> QuickBooks and click Connect to QuickBooks.
QuickBooks will prompt you to securely login in and connect to your QuickBooks file. Enter your QBO credentials and click Sign In.
Confirm QuickBooks will connect to the correct company and click Connect.
QuickBooks will then prompt for some referral info:
Once connected successfully, WorkGuru will then return to your QuickBooks dashboard.
Sync QuickBooks Data
The next step is to sync your Tax Rates, and Chart of Accounts from QuickBooks into WorkGuru so we can set up default accounts. In the "Before You Start" Section. Click on the following and wait for the page to reload. This will load the relevant information into the WorkGuru database.
- Get Tax Rates - Import the tax rates setup in the connected QuickBooks business.
- Get Chart of Accounts - Import the current chart of accounts setup in the connected QuickBooks business.
Set Default General Ledger Accounts
The most important setup step when connecting WorkGuru to QuickBooks is to assign your default general ledger mappings in WorkGuru. This allows WorkGuru to pre-code the relevant line items before sending transactions to QuickBooks. This prevents the need to double enter this information in QuickBooks. These default accounts can be over-ridden by assigning alternate general ledger accounts on the product and/or task line item level.
Note: If the required general ledger accounts are not displaying correctly in the drop downs, ensure that the Get Chart of Accounts function has been run. If you add or edit accounts in QuickBooks, click Get Chart of Accounts to download the updated chart of account list.
Click Set Defaults and use each dropdown to assign the QuickBooks general ledger account. The list of accounts is contextual to the type of account is required for each setting (income accounts for sales, expense accounts for cost of goods etc):
- Accounting Integration - Defaults to QuickBooks.
- DefaultSalesAccount - Default income account.
- DefaultExpensesAccount - Default expense account for non-stock (not FIFO) products or project disbursement purchase orders. Recommended QuickBooks Account Type: Expense.
- DefaultInventoryAccount - Default stock on hand account.
- CostofGoodsSoldAccount - Default COGS account for cost of sale, stocktake and stock adjustment journals.
- RoundingAccount - Default account to map to the rounding fields on WorkGuru invoices and purchases.
- DefaultSalesTax - Default sales tax to be used.
- DefaultPurchaseTax - Default purchase tax to be used.
- DefaultCurrency - Default currency, use IBAN ISO currency codes (AUD etc). Must match your default QuickBooks currency.
- AlternateCurrencies - alternate currencies to be used for multi currency purchasing, use IBAN ISO currency codes (USD, EUR, NZD etc).
- Do You Sell in Foreign Currencies? - Enables foreign currencies on Projects and Stock Sales.
Click Save to confirm the default general ledger mappings.
WorkGuru is now ready to queue information to be sent to QuickBooks when ready.