To connect WorkGuru to MYOB, the only requirement is that you must have MYOB administrator level permissions to connect securely.
Connect to MYOB
Go to the Accounting -> Settings and switch the default Accounting Integration to MYOB.
Once MYOB has been selected, go to Accounting -> MYOB and click Connect to MYOB.
MYOB will prompt you to securely login in and connect to your MYOB file. Enter your MYOB credentials and click Sign In.
MYOB will prompt to allow WorkGuru access to your MYOB account. Click Allow access to authorise.
Once connected successfully, WorkGuru will then return to your MYOB dashboard.
Sync MYOB Data
The next step is to sync your Tax Rates, and Chart of Accounts from MYOB into WorkGuru so we can set up default accounts. In the "Before You Start" Section. Click on the following and wait for the page to reload. This will load the relevant information into the WorkGuru database.
- Get Tax Rates - Import the tax rates setup in the connected MYOB business.
- Get Chart of Accounts - Import the current chart of accounts setup in the connected MYOB business.
Set Default General Ledger Accounts
The most important setup step when connecting WorkGuru to MYOB is to assign your default general ledger mappings in WorkGuru. This allows WorkGuru to pre-code the relevant line items before sending transactions to MYOB. This prevents the need to double enter this information in MYOB. These default accounts can be over-ridden by assigning alternate general ledger accounts on the product and/or task line item level.
Note: If the required general ledger accounts are not displaying correctly in the drop downs, ensure that the Get Chart of Accounts function has been run. If you add or edit accounts in MYOB, click Get Chart of Accounts to download the updated chart of account list.
Click Set Defaults and use each dropdown to assign the MYOB general ledger account. The list of accounts is contextual to the type of account is required for each setting (income accounts for sales, expense accounts for cost of goods etc):
- Accounting Integration - Defaults to MYOB.
- DefaultSalesAccount - Default income account.
- DefaultExpensesAccount - Default expense account for non-stock (not FIFO) products or project disbursement purchase orders. Recommended MYOB Account Type: Expense.
- DefaultInventoryAccount - Default stock on hand account.
- CostofGoodsSoldAccount - Default COGS account for cost of sale, stocktake and stock adjustment journals.
- RoundingAccount - Default account to map to the rounding fields on WorkGuru invoices and purchases.
- DefaultSalesTax - Default sales tax to be used.
- DefaultPurchaseTax - Default purchase tax to be used.
- DefaultCurrency - Default currency, use IBAN ISO currency codes (AUD etc). Must match your default MYOB currency.
- AlternateCurrencies - alternate currencies to be used for multi currency purchasing, use IBAN ISO currency codes (USD, EUR, NZD etc).
- Do You Sell in Foreign Currencies? - Enables foreign currencies on Projects and Stock Sales.
Click Save to confirm the default general ledger mappings.
WorkGuru is now ready to queue information to be sent to MYOB when ready.