If your quote isn't being automatically pre-populated by a lead, you can create a quote directly inin WorkGuru by clicking the Add a Quote button in the quote dashboard (Sales -> Quotes) or use the menu shortcut (Sales -> New Quote).
Fill in the following quote fields, WorkGuru will prompt you if you have missed any required fields:
- QuoteNumber - Unique quote reference. Leave blank to pick up the next automatic quote number in the sequence or enter a custom reference if required.
- Name - Quote name. This will also be the project/stocksale name by default (Required).
- Description - Quote description
- Project Group - Assign the quote to an existing project group if it is part of a bigger tender/proposal (Optional)
- Client - Select the Quotes's client from the dropdown click the Add Client button to add a new client if not in the current address book. (Required)
- Client Contact - Quote contact.
- Quote Owner - WorkGuru user/staff member responsible for the quote.
- Quote Date - Quote issue date, this date is pre-selected to today's date
- Expiry Date - Quote expiry
- Forecast/Expected Date - Estimated starting date for the project if the Quote is accepted or estimated date the Quote is expected to be accepted.
- Asset - If this Quote is related to an asset, select it from the dropdown or add a new asset using the Add Asset button. Note: this dropdown will display a list of assets that are setup in WorkGuru assigned to the selected quoted client. (Optional)
- Lead - Assign the quote to an exisiting lead.
- Currency/Exchange Rate - Select and over-ride currency and default exchange rate.
- Add Template to Quote - Project Templates let you add a pre-defined combination of Tasks and/or Products to easily populate a Quote minimising data entry. The steps to a setup a Project Template is here.
- Delete Empty Rows - Shortcut to remove any empty task or product rows in the quote
- Exclude from Sales Forecast - Select this option if you do not want the value of this quote to be part of the sales pipeline dashboard or reporting.
Quote Line Items
Next step is to add the line items to build the Quote. These line items consist of a combination of Tasks and Products which can be flagged as billable or non-billable as required. Line items can be added to a quote in the following ways:
per line, via a project template and added in bulk.
Adding Tasks - You can search for your tasks setup in the WorkGuru Tasks database here. Search fro and select the relevant task (blue arrow) to add and you can further modify the following fields both shown inline in the row and expanded using the blue plus icon (red arrow). You can add multiple tasks as required using the Add Task button. The quote will also display the tasks specific cost total.
- Name - Selected task name
- Qty - Forecast number of hours required
- Sell Price - Billable price per hour.
- Billable - Toggle if the line item is billable or not. Note: Non-billable (unticked) line items do not display on invoices, but the forecast and actual timesheet costs still accrues on the project if the Quote is accepted.
- Line Total - Displays billable total line item amount (Quantity x Sell Price).
- Description - Task description/details (Optional)
- Cost - Task Cost per hour.
- Cost Multiplier - Multiplies the user cost rate for any timesheets added to this task.
- Tax Type - Tax status of line item (defaults to the task setting or default sales tax mapping).
- Tax Amount - Displays tax amount of this task.
Adding Products - You can search for the products setup in the WorkGuru products database, using either the SKU or the product Name. You also have the ability to add ad-hoc line items (not in the Product database), by not selecting a database item if all the basic fields are filled out when prompted. You can add multiple products as required using the Add Product button. The quote will also display the product cost totals.
- SKU - Stock Keeping Unit, or product code.
- Name - Product name
- Quantity - Number of products required
- Sell Price - Forecast product sell price
- Billable - Toggle if the line item is billable or not. Note: Non-billable (unticked) line items do not display on invoices, but the forecast and actual product costs still accrues on the project.
- Line Total - Billable total line item amount (Quantity x Sell Price)
- Description - Product description/details. (Optional)
- Tax Type - Tax status of line item (defaults to the product setting or default sales tax mapping).
- Tax Amount - Displays tax amount of the product.
- Cost - Forecast unit cost from the product's cost price.
Project Templates let you add a pre-defined combination of Tasks and/or Products to easily populate a Quote minimising data entry. The steps to a setup a Project Template is here. To add a project template to the quote, click the Add Template To Quote button and select the relevant template or templates from the popup. Edit the applied template task and product lines as required for the quote.
Bulk Add Lines
You can also add tasks and products to the quote via a spreadsheet upload template. This is very advantageous if you already have an external quoting tool that calculates costings for you. To bulk add lines, click the Bulk Add Tasks+ and Bulk Add Prodcuts+ buttons and select the import files when prompted.
Once the Task and Products have been added to the quote, you can check the individual task and product cost totals and the overall quote totals with the forecast profitability in total profit and gross profit percentage.
When the quote is complete, click Save to save the quote as a draft, Save and Continue Editing is handy to ensure you don't lose an changes if your browser closes while editing and Save and Issue will lock the quote version and mark it as issued.