You can use a lead to track the sales cycle around issuing a quote. This lets you track the activities, notes and emails related to the issue and hopefully the acceptance of your quote/proposal. You can also assign new or revised quotes created directly from the quote dashboard to an existing lead by the quote edit page.
To add a quote to a lead:
- Create a lead following these steps.
- From the lead detail page, click the Add Quote button.
- Create a quote following these steps. The lead will pre-populate the client details for you.
- The lead is now accessible from the quote details:
- The quote is also now accessible from the lead detail page:
- You can also access the quote directly from the quote dashboard.
- You can also add a new or existing draft or revised quote to an existing lead by editing the quote and selecting the lead from the lead dropdown.