Advanced purchase orders are a hybrid between Stock and Project orders. An advanced purchase order allows you to purchase line items from mulitple projects centrally and then distribute the stock back to them automatically on reciept. This allows you to streamline the purchasing workflow from your projects to optimise data entry and pricing purchasing centrally.
To create an advanced purchase order:
- Create a new purchase order Purchases -> New Purchase Order
- Click Advanced Purchase
- Select the project you want to purchase for
- If required, remove line items you do not want to add to the advanced PO and/or edit the quantities requred.
- Click Save
- Repeat steps 2-5 for as many projects/line items as required.
- Approve and issue the new PO as per a normal stock order. Note the project numbers added to the line item descriptions.
- Recieve the PO as per a normal stock order
- Once recieved, click the Use Stock for Relevant Projects button to automatically distribute the stock purchased back to the relevant projects. Note: this button will dissapear once the action is completed.
- The stock usage will then be listed in the source project's materials tab, NOT the purchase order tab.