Client credit notes in WorkGuru are linked to projects or stock sales. It is important to raise credit notes from a project or stock sale to ensure the profitability and the stock control (returns/exchanges).
To raise a client credit note in WorkGuru
- Click on Credit Note from the project's quick actions menu.
- The new credit note screen will display the billable line items on that project. Select the quantities of the line items that need to be refunded.
- If you are crediting FIFO cost lines, select the Return Items to Stock checkbox to manage the stock control. Selecting the Return Items to Stock checkbox will move the FIFO product back into stock. If left deselected, there will be no stock movement for the return and it is assumed the stock will be written off.
- Confirm the totals match the value you want to credit the customer and click Save Credit Note.
- Click Approve to queue to be sent to Xero.