The template is created in similar way as a new project, but can be re-used to minimise data entry.
- You can create a Template from Administration -> Project Templates -> Add a New Template from the WorkGuru menu.
- From the New Template screen enter the following:
- Name: Template Name
- Description: Additional information to help identify your Template
- Is Production Job Template: Tick to designate this as a bill of materials (BoM) template for use with WorkGuru production jobs.
- Tasks: Search and Add Tasks and adjust Quantity and Cost to suit the Template. Templates will apply with the configured Qty when added to a Quote or Project.
- Products: Search and Add Products and adjust Quantity and Cost to suit the Template. Templates will apply with the configured Qty when added to a Quote or Project.
- Save when complete.
Work Guru also allows to bulk import a product list into a template to speed up data entry on more complex templates.
- On the Add a Project Template page, click the "+Bulk Add Products" button on the top right of the screen
- Choose a csv files setup with the following headers.
- Sku - Stock Keeping Unit or product code
- Name - Product name
- Description - Additional information for the product
- CostPrice - Unit cost
- SellPrice - Unit sell price excl GST
- Quantity - Number of products
- Billable - Toggles if the product line is billable on an invoice or not. Note product cost is still part of the template and project when applied.