A production template is comprised of the same line items as a new production job, but can be re-used to minimise data entry. The primary difference between a project and production template is the output lines. NOTE: Production templates can not be used on quotes or projects. Project templates can not be used on production jobs.
You can create a template by clicking on the Create New Project Template from the project template dashboard (Administration -> Project Templates)
From the new template screen enter the following:
- Name: Template Name
- Description: Additional information to help identify your Template
- Is Production Job Template: Ensure this is selected as this enables the output lines required for a production template.
- Output - Product(s) being produced. SKU must exist as a FIFO product in WorkGuru. The output lines are what are being produced and moved into stock on hand at the value of the following tasks and products.
- Tasks: Search and Add Tasks and adjust Quantity and Cost to suit the Template. Templates will apply with the configured Qty when added to a Quote or Project.
- Products: Search and Add Products and adjust Quantity and Cost to suit the Template. Templates will apply with the configured Qty when added to a Quote or Project.
Click Save or Save and Continue Editing when complete.
WorkGuru also allows to bulk import a product list into a template to speed up data entry on more complex templates.
Production templates are now available in the All and Production tabs on the project template dashboard.