WorkGuru allows you to raise purchase orders in currencies other than your default. This allows you to continue to accurately track your landed costs regardless of how or where you pay for it. WorkGuru uses the exchange rate to convert the foreign currency back to your default currency when receipting the order.
- From the WorkGuru menu go to Accounting -> Settings
- The currency settings are at the bottom of the accounting settings page
- Set the following currency fields:
- Default Currency - Default currency in WorkGuru. Must match the currency your integrated accounting system is defaulted to also. The default currency need to match the ISO 4217 Currency Codes.
- Alternate Currencies - Enter the currency codes you purchase in separated by line. The codes need to match the ISO 4217 Currency Codes.
- Click Save to update the currency settings.
- In your integrated accounting system, ensure that you have enabled the same currencies as WorkGuru will import draft bills in the selected currency.
Currency on Purchase Order
- When raising a new purchase order of any type (stock or project etc) and there are alternate currencies configured, a currency dropdown is added to the new purchase order details.
- Select the currency required for the purchase order. WorkGuru will get the current exchange rate from the European Central Bank, or you can override the rate with your own.
- When entering line items, ensure that the unit cost's values are the selected currency (not your default). The purchase order detail page will display the order's currency for reference.
- When you receive the PO, you have an opportunity to update the exchange rate again, which will lock in the landed cost on your PO, and create the stock journal in your default currency, at your specified exchange rate.