You can email invoices to clients directly out of WorkGuru. You can email an invoice in any state, just be aware the invoice only receives an official invoice number when approved. Prior to this, the invoice number will be "Draft".
From the invoices detail page , click the Email to Client button.
An email compose screen will drop down to be filled out. You can automate/pre-fill this screen by setting up your email templates.
- Email Using Template - Select the required invoice template
- To - Enter or choose the recipient email from the Select Email To list.
- Select Email To - The client and contact email addresses saved against the client's card will display in the Select Email To: list.
- CC - Email CC will default to the logged in WorkGuru staff email. This is handy to confirm the email was sent successfully.
- Subject - Templated subject line, update as required.
- Attach Linked Files - Attached any files that have been stored in the invoice's files tab.
- Message - Email body. Note: Emails must have content in the body to send the email.
- Use Default Invoice Email Text - Populate the message body from the default invoice email template.
- Use Unpaid Invoice Email Text - Populate the message body from the unpaid invoice email template
Click Send Invoice to send to the recipients. You will see a prompt saying Invoice has successfully emailed, or an message if there is any issues sending. The email will then be logged in the invoices's Email History tab available in the invoice's detail page.
A envelope icon is also added next to the invoice's number in the invoice dashboard to indicate it has been sent.