To add new users to WorkGuru, click the +Create new user button in the users dashboard. (Administration -> Users)
In the User information tab, fill out the following fields to create the new user:
- Name - First Name (Required)
- Surname - Last Name (Required)
- Email Address - Recommended to use the same email as the employee record in Xero if using the payroll integration.
- Phone Number - Phone or mobile.
- User name - Can be anything but recommended to use the users email address. (Required)
- Pin - Used for Kiosk and POS quick access. (Required)
- Hourly Rate - The users hourly labour rate for project costing. If left at the default 0, the users timesheets will not be costed on the project.
- Default Warehouse - Set the user's location for default stock location. If left blank, the default will be the last warehouse used.
- Purchase Order Approval Limit - Dollar value up to which the user can approve purchase orders. POs over this limit can only be saved as a draft.
- Options checkboxes:
- Set Random Password - Deselect this option if you want to set a default password for the user. If selected the users will be sent a default password in the invitation email and asked to change it on the first login.
- Should change password on next login - Prompts users to update their password on next login (Note: Only for browser login, not the kiosk).
- Send activation email - On creation, send the user's email address the default WorkGuru welcome/signup email.
- Active - used for disabling the user's access without deleting them.
- Lockout Enable - Enforces the failed login policy defined in Administration -> Settings -> Security.
In the Roles tab:
- Select the Role(s) that you want to assign to the new user to set their permissions. You can create and manage your roles in Administration -> Roles.
Click Save to add your user. Note if Send activation email option has been selected, WorkGuru will send the welcome email on save.