Invoice Workflow Example - Invoicing Actuals
Created by: Michael Davis
Modified on: Tue, 29 Jun, 2021 at 3:03 PM
WorkGuru has a very flexible invoicing functionality to suit any invoicing workflows. This is an example of invoicing just the actual amount of time and/or materials accrued on the project at the time of invoicing. This best suits the 'do and charge' or 'time and materials' type invoicing were you are only invoicing the client for the exact amount of time and/or materials completed.
- Confirm the actuals on the project are up to date. Actuals invoicing will prompt to invoice the total time and materials used on the project.
- From the project's Quick Actions menu, click on Quick Invoice.
- From the quick invoice details screen, fill in the following fields:
- Invoice Number - Assign an invoice number or leave blank to assign automatically.
- Client Purchase Order - Client PO number/reference. If needs to be added/edited, edit the project.
- Description - Update the invoice description if required. This is an invoice specific description for display on the invoice template. It will also default to the project number and name, this will display on the first line of the imported invoice in Xero.
- Reference - Enter an invoice reference, such as a claim number.
- Date - Issue date
- DueDate - Invoice due date.
- Invoice type - Actuals - The invoice will automatically invoice the qty of actual time and/or materials currently not invoiced on the project. Note: this may be under or over the forecast. Delete the $0 line items if required for the products or time not accrued at the time of invoicing.
- Review the invoice's tax sub total and total amount. Tax settings on each line item can be confirmed by clicking on the blue "+" icon to dropdown.
- Click Save Invoice to create a draft invoice.
- Review the draft invoice and if correct, click Approve and Email to Client or Print to create a PDF to send to the customer. The Invoice is now ready to be imported to Xero via the Xero dashboard Accounting -> Xero
- The invoice is now available in the project details page in the Invoices tab.w
- If you are using the actuals invoice type as your progress invoice, note that unless you accrue more time and/or materials on the project before the next invoice, the next actuals invoice won't prompt to invoice anything as the project's WIP balance is $0.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.