Invoices can be raised from the project's quick actions menu at anytime (you don't need to finish the project or have time and materials entered before you raise an invoice depending on what type you need)
From the quick actions menu, click on Quick Invoice button to start the invoicing process.
The quick invoice screen will give you a summary of the billable line items, and what has been invoiced up to now, compared to what has been originally forecast.
The first section (blue) of the quick invoice screen allows you to review invoice specific information:
- Invoice Number - Leave blank to automatically assign or can be manually controlled. NOTE - must not match an existing invoice number in Xero or it cannot be imported.
- ClientPurchaseOrder - displays client PO from the project.
- Description - Invoice description. Defaults to Project Number and Project Name.
- Reference - For a reference numbers required in addition to the client purchase order, such as claim numbers etc.
- Date - Invoice date, can be forward or backdated as required. NOTE: this is the date of the invoice in Xero, not the date it was imported.
- DueDate - Invoice due date. Defaults to either the client or default terms.
- Reporting Category (If enabled) - allows you to select the required Xero reporting category. Defaults to the reporting category selected on the project. Contact WorkGuru support if you require your WorkGuru to import your Xero tracking categories.
The the second section (red) of the quick invoice screen allows you to raise the following types of invoices, which one is selected depends on how and what you want to invoice the customer:
- Percentage of Forecast/Quoted and All Purchases - Best option if you invoice a percentage of the quote/forecast of all the billable line items. Best for deposit invoices raised against the full quoted/forecast amount.
- Completed Tasks - Bill the full amount of completed tasks. Suits a workflow where you raise progress invoices based on completion instead of time.
- Remaining Balance - Invoice remaining balance of each line item to the quoted/forecast totals. Useful for a final invoice for a progress invoicing.
- Custom Amount - Bill by entering a manual quantity, fixed amount or percentage of each line item. Best suites a workflow where you need to raise deposit invoices on individual line items.
- Actual Usage (not already invoiced) - Only invoice the actuals (time/materials) accrued in total for a single invoice, or actuals accrued since the last invoice for progress invoicing.