If your project template requires a large number of product lines, such as a fabrication template, you can import these products in bulk via a .csv spreadsheet.
- Download the Bulk Add Product template from this page, or create your own with the following headers:
- Sku - Product code.
- Name - Product name
- Description - Product description (can be different from product to be specific to the template)
- CostPrice - Unit cost
- SellPrice - Unit price
- Quantity - Number required for the template
- Billable - TRUE for Billable, FALSE for non-billable.
- Add a new project template, or edit an existing one from Administration -> Project Templates.
- Add tasks if required and click the +Bulk Add Products
- Click Choose File to select the product import template .csv file and click Save to apply.
- Confirm the order of the line items imported and click Save Template
BULK PRODUCT IMPORT HANDY HINTS
- Ensure the .csv is in plain text format
- Remove all "$" and "," (Currency, commas from all text)
- Ensure SKUs are present, even for ad-hoc (not in the products list) line items.