To create a production job in WorkGuru, it is a requirement that the output product you are producing is already setup as a FIFO (stock controlled) product in the WorkGuru product list.
Creating a production job in WorkGuru is very similar to a project. The key difference is there is no 'client' on a production job, the output of a job is the produced product(s) at the correct unit cost adjusted into stock on hand. Production Jobs can be created manually or via a pre-determined bill of materials production job template.
Production jobs are created by clicking Add a Production Job from the production job dashboard's Quick Actions menu. Projects -> Production Jobs.
Production Job Details
Complete the production job details. WorkGuru will prompt if any required fields are missed.
- ProjectNo: Production job number, leave blank by default to pickup the next unique number in the series.
- Project Name: Production job name.
- Start Date: Forecast production start date.
- Due Date: Forecast production end date.
- Project Manager: Staff member managing the production job.
- Project Status: Production status.
- Warehouse: Stock location were the output product will be adjusted to and default component product stock location.
- Reporting Category - If you have enabled Xero reporting categories, set them here.
- Add Template to Production Job: Automate the data entry when preparing production jobs by having all the output, task and product lines already setup ready to go in a template. Using the template quantity and merge functions will help when creating more than one output product to ensure the time and components are multiplied correctly. Learn how to setup production job templates here
Production jobs are designed to be used as part of a production job template as this becomes the output product's bill over materials. Adding a template will only display templates setup as production templates.
If setting up the production job manually enter the following line items to the job:
Lookup and add the Output Line. This is the product(s) that will be created and adjusted into stock when the production job has been completed
- SKU: Product sku search field. Must already be setup as a FIFO stock item.
- Name: Product name search field.
- Quantity: Quantity of product produced. The total cost of the production job's actuals will be divided by this number on completion to create the unit cost.
Lookup or add the Tasks. Add the forecast labour required to produce the output product and quantity. Assign staff to a task via the plus icon next to the task name.
Lookup or add the Products. Add the stock and non-stock products required to produce the output product and quantity.
Once the output, task and product lines have been added and confirmed, click Save Production Job. The new production job is now available on the production job dashboard.