WorkGuru allows you to process a supplier invoice on an approved purchase order before you physically receive the stock. This is especially handy when you purchase off supplier B2B or web portals.
- Raise and approve a purchase order for the required products or services. This can either be a stock or project purchase order.
- When you have received the suppliers tax invoice, find the relevant purchase order and click on Update Invoice Details (Not Receive Purchase Order)
- Complete the Invoice fields on the purchase order.
- Invoice Date, Invoice Due Date and Supplier Invoice Number as per the supplier's invoice. You will note here you cannot enter a received date - this is to prevent WorkGuru from increasing SOH when you just have the Invoice.
- For each line item, match the Invoice Qty and Invoice Price fields to the supplier invoice.
- Enter any additional costs via the Add Landed Cost button.
- Confirm your purchase order's subtotal, tax and total's match the supplier invoice and click Save.
- On the Purchase Order dashboard, the purchase order will remain in the Approved list until received. It will indicate that it has been costed against a supplier invoice by listing the supplier invoice number. The purchase order will also be available in the dashboard's Billed not Received view.
- Now the purchase order matches the supplier invoice, WorkGuru will queue it to be sent to Xero to reconcile the bill to your payment to the supplier. NOTE: If the bill created in Xero is left in draft, any updates to the invoice details in WorkGuru will update the draft bill in Xero. This functionality stops when the bill is approved in Xero.