Configuring your WorkGuru and Xero integration
WorkGuru is designed to seamlessly push your invoices, purchases orders, Stock on Hand and Cost of Goods sold through to your Xero account.
- To connect to Xero, go to the Accounting -> Xero dashboard, and click the Connect to Xero button.
- Click the Connect to Xero button. If you are planning on sending timesheets to Xero, ensure that you select the Connect to Xero Payroll? option. Note: if you select this option, the Xero user MUST have the Payroll Admin privilege (in Xero), otherwise you encounter errors trying to export timesheet data.
- Xero will prompt you to securely login in and connect to your Xero file. Select the required organisation (Note: if you have access to multiple Xero files, ensure that you are selecting the correct organisation in the list) and click Allow Access.Xero will return to your Xero dashboard and WorkGuru now has access to your Xero organisation.
- The next step is to sync your Tax Rates, and Chart of Accounts from Xero into WorkGuru so we can set up default accounts. In the "Before You Start" Section. Click on the following and wait for the page to reload. This will load the relevant information into the WorkGuru database.
- Get Tax Rates - Import the tax rates setup in the connected Xero organisation.
- Get Chart of Accounts - Import the current chart of accounts setup in the connected Xero organisation.
- Set Defaults - Map the accounts in Xero for WorkGuru to pre-code when sending transactions to Xero. If the required GL accounts are not dsiplaying correctly in the dropdowns, ensure that the Get Chart of Accounts function has been run correct, or you may need to create the accounts in Xero for use with WorkGuru.
- Accounting Integration - Defaults to Xero.
- DefaultSalesAccount - default income account
- DefaultExpensesAccount - default expense account for non-stock (not FIFO) products or project disbursement purchase orders.
- DefaultInventoryAccount - default stock on hand account. Note: You may not use Xero's built in Inventory account for your Stock on Hand. Create a separate Current Asset Account for SOH value.
- CostofGoodsSoldAccount - default COGS account for cost of sale, stocktake and stock adjustment journals.
- DefaultSalesTax - default sales tax to be used.
- DefaultPurchaseTax - default purchase tax to be used.
- DefaultCurrency - default currency, use IBAN ISO currency codes.
- AlternateCurrencies - alternate currencies to be used for multi currency purchasing, use IBAN ISO currency codes.
- Click Save to confirm the default general ledger mappings. You can edit these in the future from the same link in your Xero dashboard Accounting -> Xero -> Set Defaults
- Your connection to Xero is complete