If you receive a supplier invoice or additional landed costs after you have received the products or services on a purchase order, you can update the pricing as required before you send it through to accounting.
You can quickly identify received purchase orders that haven't been costed against a supplier invoice by clicking on the Received Not Billed widget on the purchase order dashboard. Orders that meet this view have a status of Received, but do not have an Invoice Date AND a Supplier Invoice Number.
Open the received purchase order and click on the Update Invoice Details button.
Cost the purchase order by updating the WorkGuru order pricing to exactly match the supplier's invoice totals. Note: You cannot update the received date as it is assumed that you are getting invoiced for the same quantity of stock or services you have previously received. Also, be aware, if you change stocked products or the currency on this purchase order, after you've received it, you can unbalance your stock levels.
- Invoice Date - As per the supplier's invoice.
- Invoice Due Date - As per the supplier's invoice.Supplier due date
- Supplier Invoice Number - As per the supplier's invoice.
- Currency/Exchange Rate - If the supplier's invoice is issued in another currency, select and update the rate as required. (Optional). Note: Currencies need to be setup before it can be used on a purchase order.
- Invoice Qty - As per the suppliers invoice (should match the qty previously received)
- Invoice Price - Update the line item pricing to match the suppliers invoice.
- Add Product - Add any additional line items to match the suppliers invoice. Note for project purchase orders, ensure landed costs are added as line items (shipping etc)
- Add Landed Cost - Add any landed costs charged on the suppliers invoice. (Stock purchase only)
- Rounding - Allows you to add a adjustment value to resolve rounding discrepancies between the suppliers and WorkGuru's unit calculations to ensure the unit item and order totals match.
- Tax Total - Allows you to add an adjustment value to resolve tax discrepancies between the suppliers and WorkGuru's tax calculations to ensure the unit item and order totals match.
Confirm the totals match the suppliers invoice and click Save. This will finalise the order as it is now fully costed and received. The order will also be queued to be sent to Xero as it now has an invoice data and number.