In the project, ensure that the relevant tasks have been marked complete. You can do this from the overview tab in the project's detail page by clicking the Mark Task as Complete. The task will then be timestamped with the completion date. You can use the Bulk Complete and Bulk Incomplete buttons with their corresponding check boxes to process multiple tasks at once. Use the dropdown to show or hide completed tasks.
From the project's Quick Actions menu, click on Quick Invoice.
From the quick invoice details screen, fill in the following fields:
- Invoice Number - Assign an invoice number or leave blank to assign automatically.
- Client Purchase Order - Client PO number/reference. If needs to be added/edited, edit the project.
- Description - Update the invoice description if required. This is an invoice specific description for display on the invoice template. It will also default to the project number and name, this will display on the first line of the imported invoice in Xero.
- Reference - Enter an invoice reference, such as a claim or deposit number.
- Date - Issue date
- DueDate - Invoice due date.
- Invoice type - Completed Tasks - WorkGuru will indicate the completed tasks with a green tick next to the task name. When the completed tasks invoice type is selected, WorkGuru will invoice 100% of the completed task's forecast value. Incomplete tasks will remain on the invoice for $0 unless removed from the quote invoice screen clicking the "X" on the end of the row, or in bulk by clicking the Delete Empty Rows button. Note: removing a task does not remove it or it's actuals from the project, just from this invoice
Review the invoice's tax sub total and total amount. Tax settings on each line item can be confirmed by clicking on the blue "+" icon to dropdown.
Click Save Invoice to create the draft invoice
Review the draft invoice and if correct, click Approve and Email to Client or Print to create a PDF to send to the customer. The Invoice is now ready to be imported to Xero via the Xero dashboard Accounting -> Xero.
When invoicing remaining tasks as they are completed, WorkGuru tracks what has been invoiced to date, so the following invoices will only prompt to invoice tasks completed since the last invoice. If you only want to display the completed tasks on this invoice, click Delete Fully Invoiced Lines to quickly remove the completed and invoiced tasks form this invoice.