From the project's Quick Actions menu, click on Quick Invoice.
From the quick invoice details screen, fill in the following fields:
- Invoice Number - Assign an invoice number or leave blank to assign automatically.
- Client Purchase Order - Client PO number/reference. If it needs to be added/edited, edit the project.
- Description - Update the invoice description if required. This is an invoice specific description for display on the invoice template. It will also default to the project number and name, this will display on the first line of the imported invoice in Xero.
- Reference - Enter an invoice reference, such as a claim number.
- Date - Issue date
- DueDate - Invoice due date.
- Invoice type - Custom Amount - based on the amount you want to claim in the progress invoice, enter either the number of hours in the Qty, dollar amount in the This Invoice or percentage of forecast in the % columns. The quick invoice screen will let you know what the current actuals are on each task in the Actual/Forecast columns to assist a project manager in determining what to invoice.
Review the invoice's tax sub total and total amount. Tax settings on each line item can be confirmed by clicking on the blue "+" icon to dropdown.
Click Save Invoice to create a draft invoice.
Review the draft invoice and if correct, click Approve and Email to Client or Print to create a PDF to send to the customer. The Invoice is now ready to be imported to Xero via the Xero dashboard Accounting -> Xero
When it is time to raise the next progress invoice, the quick invoice detail screen will now display the task completion status, the current actuals vs forecast and the balance invoiced to date to help the project manager determine the amount to raise on the next progress invoice.
- Actual/Forecast - Current timesheets submitted to the task.
- Invoiced Hrs - How many of the forecast hours have been invoiced.
- Invoiced/Quoted - Dollar amount and percentage invoiced vs forecast. You can see the tasks that have been fully invoiced. Note: WorkGuru will allow you to invoice more than 100% at your discretion.
When printing the progress invoice, WorkGuru provides a specific fields display progress information on a invoice document template. This document template allows you to customise the display the task line items in the style of a claim form. The following fields specific to the progress style invoice available in addition to the normal invoice template fields: