Recommended WorkGuru Setup Order:
- First Login
- Global Settings
- Warehouse Setup
- Staff Setup
- Accounting Integration Setup
- Pricing Tiers (If required)
- Product Setup
- Task Setup
- Custom Fields Setup (If required)
- Document Template Setup
- Assets Setup (If required)
- Project Templates Setup
- Reset Test/Demo Data
- Setup Your Work In Progress (WIP) Transactions
- Apply Initial Stocktake (WorkGuru Plus Edition Only)
- Setup Your Devices(If required)
- Click on the login link the welcome email to login, you may be prompted to change your default password.
- Personalise your WorkGuru admin user.
- Administration -> Settings. You can click Save all after making changes in the tabs.
- General - Set timezone.
- General - Set timesheet type weekly for pro services, daily for kiosk and timer.
- General - Set Week Starts On to match your pay run schedule.
- Email Defaults - Setup Email Templates
- Appearance - Upload Logo/Brand. to brand your WorkGuru tenant.
- Invoice - Enter company details (used for default document template fields).
- Administration -> Document Settings.
- Stock -> Warehouses. NOTE: Even if you are not on the WorkGuru Plus plan or NOT planning to use WorkGuru's stock control functionality, you are still required to setup a default warehouse as non-stock and disbursement purchase orders require it to display the default delivery address.
- Primary warehouse - Update the primary warehouse listed with the correct address information.
- Add additional warehouse addresses if you track or purchase stock into more than one location if required.
- Administration -> Roles
- Administration -> User
Accounting Integration Setup
- Connect to Xero
- Setup payments (if required)
Pricing Tiers (If required)
- Setup pricing tiers to be used for tasks and costs.
- Add or import your products and costs.
- Add or import units of measures (if required).
- Add or import alternate supplier pricing (if required)
- Add or Import stock on hand reorder levels and locations (if required).
Custom Fields Setup (If required)
Document Template Setup
- Edit the included default document templates. At minimum, all that is required is replacing the default logo with your own.
- WorkGuru also provides additional templates ready to use to suit specific workflows. These can be added as required
- A list of available fields you can use when customising your own documentation, including custom fields is available in the WorkGuru Merge field reference Guide.
Assets Setup (If required)
Project Templates Setup
- Create a Project Template.
Reset Test/Demo Data
- Remove all the demo and your test transactional data to prepare WorkGuru for your live transactions. Note: - this will not remove any of the setup data (products/tasks/templates etc)
Setup Your Work In Progress (WIP) Transactions
- To ensure a seamless transition to WorkGuru, it is recommended the following open/active transactions at the time of the go live date are re-created in WorkGuru. A WorkGuru partner can assist with this process. Ideally you would be able to extract the following from your previous systems.
- Stock Sales not dispatched.
- Purchase Orders not received.
Apply Initial Stocktake (WorkGuru Plus Edition Only)
- Conduct a full stocktake at all your warehouse locations.
- Apply an initial Stocktake to set an initial SOH value in your accounting system. If your workflow is using stock control in WorkGuru, DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
Setup Your Devices(If required)
- Setup your workshop kiosk (webapp)
- Setup your Android applications
- Setup your iOS applications